New from Grand Rapids, MI!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by umaangel00, Dec 14, 2016.

1. umaangel00

umaangel00 New Egg

Dec 12, 2016
    My name is Jennifer and I am in Grand Rapids MI. I currently have 8 chickens. Unfortunetly I just found out that all 4 of my silkies are roos so I am trying to figure out how to rehome them! My other are 2 barred rocks and 2 SBEL. Those 4 are laying machines! I also have 4 dogs and 3 cats and a husband. My life is very busy but I would have it any other way. When I am not busy with all of that, I work full time for my in-laws business. We sell and manufacture antique Mercedes-Benz parts. I also am an avid cross stitcher! If there is anything else you want to know, just ask! I am pretty much an open book!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] So glad you found time to join the flock!

3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC Jennifer!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under umaangel00 [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

There are also a couple of craft threads where you will probably find some fellow cross stitchers.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Jennifer, it sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy. I see you already found the Hobbies forum!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Jennifer. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. The bad thing about silkies is they are very hard to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they crow or lay eggs. If anyone offers sexed chicks, I would back away from them quickly. Even show breeders have difficulty.

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and my warmest welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you decided to join the community and I do hope you will make yourself at home here! :frow

9. wcbpolish

wcbpolish Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2017
    Pierson, Michigan
    I'm just North of Grand Rapids. I have a pair of white silkies (NOT show quality). The hen is currently laying eggs. If you want to try hatching some eggs, contact me.

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and welcome to BYC!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by