New from Indiana!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FyreFly, Jul 2, 2011.

1. FyreFly

FyreFly Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Indiana
    Hi!

My name is Christina and I'm a 30 yr old "hen hopeful!" I live in a smallish town and am hoping to get my own backyard flock sometime in the next year. I'm kind of a compulsive researcher so figured I would make sure I have done all the homework I can do before bringing my new girls home.

As a child I came to love chickens when a neighbor moved and abandoned his flock on the property my horse was kept on. Eventually we had to rehome the chickens, but the drive to have them has not diminished as I have moved into town.

I have other animals as well--a 7 yr old brindle pit bull mix named Sally, a 4 yr old chocolate lab called Jack, a pair of cats and a pair of white-winged parakeets. I am a horse lover but am sadly horseless currently as I lost my 25 year old mare just last week.

I am hoping to learn a lot here and eventually become knowledgeable to help others!!

2. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Florida!!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it here,there are so many helpful people on this website and it's fun to learn new facts about different breeds!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear you lost your horse.

4. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Nice to make contact with another compulsive researcher! Don't know about you, but sometimes such is like the blankie I don't want to let go of, but once I do, makes me very grateful to others whom have walked before me and left clear footprints of documentation!

I am so sorry about your horse. They are family.

Welcome to this site, I just joined yesterday, and I'm surprised at how many new eggs have been placed in this nest already!

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

9. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

10. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    Welcome! It's great you're doing your homework before getting your chickens. I tend to put the cart before the horse so to speak, then drive myself nuts getting together everything I need, LOL. You'll find lots of terriffic information here. I'm sorry to hear about your horse.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by