New from Kansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wild Hair, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Wild Hair

Wild Hair Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    Hey all. I'm new to the forum and also new to ducks. I've got 12 assorted runners coming from Metzers in a couple weeks and have been hard at it with their coop. I'm also looking to add a pair of Super Africans to hopefully deter some skunks, unless they don't pair well with runners. Every Google search I've made regarding ducks has sent me to this forum so here I am, a new member. Thanks for any future help and ideas. I can't wait to start counting eggs!

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Wild Hair

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    I'm excited to be a part of your community. I see now that I basically posted this twice. Sometimes cell phones do some crazy things so I apologize. I'll do my best to limit instances like this. From what I've read so far, members seem to be pretty mild mannered and treat each other with respect, unlike other forums I've been a part of. Like I said, I'm excited.

5. chickens r life

chickens r life Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2015
    The Golden State
    Welcome to byc!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    For duck specific questions I think you will do best on the "Duck thread," just put that in the search box and it will come up. There is also "Other Backyard Poultry," forum that included, geese, ducks, pheasants, guineas, quail, turkeys etc. Glad you joined the BYC flock.

1 person likes this.
  7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. I'm not really duck savvy. But you've been given some go advice. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - don't worry, we've all made double posts (and sometimes still do [​IMG]).

Glad that you have joined us and i hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

CT

1 person likes this.
  9. Wild Hair

Mar 30, 2016
    Kansas
    So far so good Ken. Thanks. The search function here works remarkably well, I've learned. It's hepled me to refrain from so many impulse posts of questions already answered.

10. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by