New From Kansas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TattooedChicks, Feb 19, 2017.

1. TattooedChicks

TattooedChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2017
    Kansas City
    Hi everyone! First I would like to say thank you for the last year or so while I have been a lurker on this website, learning from all the wonderful topics discussed here and dipping my toes in the water of having my own backyard flock. You have been a fount of knowledge to me while plotting and scheming and waiting-- and waiting--... and waiting, but now I've taken the plunge!

Yesterday I became the proud new mom to a baker's dozen of banty babies. I can barely take my eyes off of these unbelievably tiny birds and my heart just swells to hear them peep and skitter about.

[​IMG]
    (7 B.B. Old English and 6 Fleur Mille)

Also, I never thought I'd be the kind of person to wake up an hour before my alarm just to sneak a peek and make doubly sure everyone was breathing. [​IMG] Hopefully, 13 is my lucky number, I will be overjoyed if they all survive. Though I have to wonder how many roo's I'll have to rehome in a few short months (city ordinance)...

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Chicks are cute for sure - I can spend far too much time watching their antics. This link may be helpful to you right now - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-your-baby-chicks

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

Good luck
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Love the bantams! I am hatching bantam cochins at this min. I have three blues so far.

Just to make sure..and you probably are..using pine shavings..not ceder .. right? ;)

WELCOME!!!! You will love these little ones.

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Loved the video, their cute little voices are so sweet. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I enjoyed your clip, thanks for sharing it!

1 person likes this.
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from a fellow Kansan, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Always great to see another Sunflower Stater on BYC! I wish you all the best with your "Lucky 13." Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way - BYC is a friendly place! Best wishes! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    Hello and :welcome! I'm so glad you joined us here and I hope you enjoy it just as much as the rest of us do! Best wishes with the little ones! They sure are fun to pet, hold, and just watch! And don't worry, you aren't the only one who wakes up early and watches them all the time. ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home here, and enjoy all the chickeny folks! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.
  9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under TattooedChicks [​IMG] Welcome!

Your little ones are adorable! Thank You for sharing the video.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by