New from Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by iveyinky, Mar 11, 2014.

1. iveyinky

iveyinky New Egg

Mar 11, 2014
    I don't really feel new here since I have been reading posts and looking up information for over 3 years. But I have now taken the leap and started building my coop so I joined to allow me to post my pictures and get some advise. I decided to build my coop from pallets. I plan to set the coop in my backyard next to my garage with the run extending the length of the garage. I will be able to have power available and it will block the view of my chickens from the dogs next door. I am constructing my coop mostly from pallets. And I plan on having 6 chickens. I have found a breeder a few counties over. I would like to have 2 buff orpingtons, 2 wyandottes and 2 ameraucana. That's the plan - wish me luck and wisdom!

Margaret

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Good luck in all your poultry adventures and welcome to BYC!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Margaret, welcome to BYC. Do a forum search on 'pallet coops' - numerous threads will appear.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wish you luck and more

Beware of the neighbor's dogs, so many people just let their dogs loose to roam all over the area. When it ends badly, they just say "they were only chickens." Forewarned is forearmed. Even if they can't see your birds, the dogs and all predators will know they are there.

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by