New from Maryland

LibertyRunMom

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 8, 2009
Hi! We don't have any chickens yet, but got an email yesterday, that our little ones will arrive the week of June 1st!! I'm not sure who's more excited - dh & me or the kids!

We ordered 25 Black Australorps, but were willing to accept a supstitution of Buff Orpingtons - so we will see what actually shows up. I had reasons for choosing those breeds (hardy through winter & people-friendly) - hopefully, the information that I read was correct!

We're preparing a spot for them in a room off the kitchen until they are big enough to go outside to the coop (which is still a work in progress).

I'm a SAH - homeschooling-mother to 4. We also raise Golden Retrievers, have 2 geriatric horses, and 1 very old pomeranian. Dh would also like to raise some cattle.

Hmmm - I think that's about it. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here! I was an Ag Student & Vet Tech (eons ago) & so dh expects me to know everything about every animal out there - LOL! I do love them all!

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Quote:
We're near Mt Airy -- technically Sykesville - but that's just because of the zip.

My mom & I come up to Thurmont for the craft fair every year!

Quote:
We're near Mt Airy -- technically Sykesville - but that's just because of the zip.

My mom & I come up to Thurmont for the craft fair every year!

You are very close by. I hatch chicks of various breeds. Keep me in mind if you decide you want to get some more at a later date. I work in Columbia and drive throug Mt. Airy ever day. I frequent the Tractor Supply and Southern States in Mt. Airy for various supplies.

--Ed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom