1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from Maryland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ragazza, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Ragazza

Ragazza Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi everybody,
    I am relatively new here, although I have been reading, learning and getting lost in all of your wonderful stories daily for the last month. So I figured it's time to finally introduce myself. I have always loved chickens and have recently found out that I can have my very own little flock (where have I been?). It honestly never occured to me that I could actually keep my own chickens in my suburbian Maryland backyard and now that I know... I am completely obsessed! I have been spending all of my spare time (and then some) researching and planning with a goal to bring home day old chicks in the Spring of 2012. Now how to choose which chicks to bring home!

Since I do not have any of my own chickens to share with you just yet, I thought I would share the Padua beauties I met this year in Giverny, France; where they were living carefree under a fig tree in a corner of Claude Monet's breathtaking gardens...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and in their very own poulailler with a sweet Australorp (?) as well...
    [​IMG]

Thank you all so much for the incredible wealth of information that you share here and it's really nice to know I'm not alone. [​IMG]
    Lisa

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    [​IMG] from middle tn! If your addicted now wait till you get them and see and touch some fluffy butts!! Glad you joined us and cant WAIT to see the pics!!

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hi Lisa! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

5. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC Lisa!

6. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

7. BurdBrain

BurdBrain Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    A big, warm welcome to BYC from Sunny Arizona! Enjoy browsing through the many helpful and fun topics here. You'll be addicted before you know it!

Oops, sorry - I gave you the curse! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  8. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
  9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] Welcome

10. ghillie