new from Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hopper, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Hopper

Hopper Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2011
    Ionia
    Yupper I got the chicken bug too. My hubby already registered a few weeks ago but I can never remember his passwords so I did my own log in.

Been reading the forum for a month or so and thought now that the coop is built and the chickens are living in it I better register as I know I will have questions!

Like this one: Can a chicken get lost after the first few days of letting him out? Rooster came up missing last night, girls headed in and he was no where to be found. We did eventually find him but was surprised he wasnt with the hens. He was in front of the house on my front porch looking a bit confused? So just wondering if I have to put a shock collar on him like i do the new pup to keep her out of the road... JUST KIDDING BTW! [​IMG]

Hopper...soon to be addicted chicken lover!

2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.
    You can be outside with them in the pen prior to them heading in their house for the night, using treats to entice them. This will also work with your rooster. Do this for several days and your rooster will get used to following the hens into the pen, and into their house. Or, you can physically pick him up and put him in their house for a few evenings in a row, then he'll do it on his own. I prefer to do the latter, much easier IMO.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello Hopper and welcome to BYC! It's very nice to meet you. [​IMG]

6. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    HALLO from Escanaba! Glad to see another Michigander! We have a pretty active thread in the "Where are you?" section of the forum where we talk chickens, gardening, whatever comes up!

7. Hopper

Hopper Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2011
    Ionia
    ThNks for the advice I will give it a whirl!
    Thanks for the welcomes too! I have already gleaned so much info! Even modeled our coop off the forum! Thing is we just started and now I want a bigger coop with more chickens!

8. alabamayardbird

alabamayardbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Winfield, AL
    [​IMG]

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

10. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm