New from Michigan

tmkuroda

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
Grayling, Mi
Hi, I'm Tina and yes I am a Newbie from Michigan. I will be moving to Northern Michigan not far from the "Holy Water" ( fly fishers will get it) next spring and am planning on having a very mini mini farm:) I am only interested in a large garden and a few birds here and there. I am thinking about a few Chickens for laying (6?), some Turkeys, and a few Guineas. They will be in their own pens and not running together except the Guineas unless they want to. I was also kicking around the idea of getting a few chickens to raise for hackles. I know I may never get anything that is top quality but a girl can always try:) I think it would be fun to actually breed chickens for their genetics only. I am sure this summer I will be having all kinds of questions for you all as I build my Coops for Chickens as well as the Turkeys and which Chickens I should start off with for eggs. I would like a few fancy birds since my layers will be pets. Thanks for reading this!
Tina

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif

tmkuroda

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
Grayling, Mi
Thank you :) I have been looking at chickens and have decided that if I am going to have pet chickens I may as well get fancy chickens LOL. Any eggs I get will most likely be split between my house my dads house and a few neighbors who help out when we go on vacation. so high quantity of eggs are not a priority.

Tina

Top Bottom