New from NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KBUGS, Jul 25, 2011.

1. KBUGS

KBUGS Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    Hi y'all! My name is Sara and I'm from eastern NC. I have wanted chickens for a few years, well we finally moved to the country and I got my fist babes in March. Four EE! Georgia just laid her first egg the other day! It was so stinkin exciting it was ridiculous! I was overjoyed!!!! LOL I had gotten two BSL two weeks after the EE's and 3 BO and a BR two weeks after that, soooooo. I have 10 chickens All were SUPPOSED to be hens, but one of the BSL turned out to be a roo. We LOVE him. He makes it interesting. Figures the one that was supposed to be the easiest to tell the sex of we ended up getting a roo from. LOL anyways, I've been a stalker on here for a long time, and did my first post the other day under First Eggs. SO PROUD OF GEORGIA! Excuse me Princess Georgia! They are all Princess .... and then Prince Adam.
    When they were yonger. I need to take some more updated pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was Prince Adam when he was younger
    [​IMG]
    This is my two girls and the my niece with the BO and BR chicks @ easter.
    [​IMG]
    Georgias first egg
    [​IMG]
    Georgia on the left
    [​IMG]

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] I love Georgia! You have such cute daughters too! Glad you joined! [​IMG]

3. jimpad

jimpad Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    dahlonega ga
    Verry Nice,I Love It

4. JaxBirchmuck

JaxBirchmuck Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hello fellow NC'er - lovely birds, you'll love the colored eggs! not knowing what is in the nest box is so exciting.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hello Sara and welcome to BYC.

Just a side note about the cedar chips. The oils in the cedar causes respiratory problems in chickens. It's much better to use pine.[​IMG]

6. nurseamc

nurseamc Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Cabarrus County, NC
    I love the pics! Our first babies were EEs and Barred Rocks too! They are such wonderful girls. I'm in Cabarrus County. Where abouts in eastern NC are you?
    Alicia

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Great looking set up you have there! Those EE's are beautiful. [​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Nice pics & congrats on your first egg [​IMG] Enjoy it [​IMG]

10. KBUGS

KBUGS Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    Well thanks for the welcome all!!!! Thanks for the info about cedar chips too! They were out of the pine shavings so we got the cedar, I was kinda wondering if there was any difference for them. darn, I was kinda enjoying the smell, but very glad to know that. We are in Brunswick county. I love it here. Brunswick Co. and BYC! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by