new from nevada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vegaschik99, Jan 10, 2010.

1. vegaschik99

vegaschik99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2010
    Hello, I'm Leigha...from souther nevada. I have a small 2 acre getaway here with my husband and 3 kids. We have 3 horses, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. I'm in the process of building a chicken coop from recycled material, I'm almost done and haven't bought a thing for it yet. Using all recycled material has been a fun venture for me. I'm not sure what type of chickens we will be getting yet but once if ever I can make a decision they will have a great place to live. They will have 3 rooms, one is a shaded room with solid lower walls (aka the compost room), the middle room is there inclosed room with drop downs for summer ventilation, Last but not least will be the sun room which is wire top and sides. I've been browsing here alot looking for ideas for feeders and waters. I think I'm going to try the auto dog water since I have one laying around here, and the 5 g bucket with holes drilled and planter plate thing under for the feeder for now. Eventually I would like to do the pvc pipe feeder. Thanks and I'm excited to have found this forum

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] from Tennessee [​IMG] Sounds like an interesting coop! We used a lot of recycled things as well. The chickens like it [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Congrats on the coop, now to fill it [​IMG]

Imp

4. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] from UT! Glad you joined us!

5. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey there Leigha! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Thats great you can find lots of things to recycle! It saves a ton of money too. Happy chicken coop building! [​IMG]

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

8. Hello and [​IMG] from Missouri

recycled materials are great and save on the cash.I have saw many nice coops made by using recycled materials.

Fay

9. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by