New from NJ

Pack Mom

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
New Jersey
Hello, I'm Dorothy and my husband is Matt, we live in NJ with our five dogs, 1 cat and 9 new baby chicks. We are new to being parents of baby chicks. Our girls are; 2 Buff Orpingtons (Peaches & Honey), 2 Rhode Island Reds (Carol Burnett & Lucille Ball), 2 Ameraucanas (Winona & Daphne), 2 Barred Rocks (Thin "Lizzy" & Joan Jett) and 1 Polish Top Hat (Phyllis Diller). Our neighbor had chickens when I was young and I spent a lot time around them but this is our first time raising our own flock.

We decided to add chickens to our family for eggs - we try to have a very natural life style so providing fresh eggs for us and our dogs was important. They are currently eating organic starter mix and their enclosure (inside our training room) has a plot of grass and a wood log. We built their coop from recycled wood pallets. Matt is adding a pulley system to the ramp and we will teach our one border collie to pull the rope to open and close the door.

I have been reading posts and learning a lot of great information from this group and look forward to participating for a long time.

Dorothy

welcome-byc.gif

Hello and welcome from the Gettysburg, PA area! My family is from NJ, and my mom once had a chicken. She used to make me come home from college and catch it when it escaped. So I have some made-in-Trenton chicken tackling skills!

Back
Top Bottom