New from North Carolina

pilotswife

Chirping
Sep 10, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, I am new to chickens. We were given 31 chicks at the end of May and it's been an experience and adventure in learning since! Currently down to 26 birds, 12 of which turned out to be roosters. We have two roosters that we are hoping to keep with our hens and six that we are trying to re-home.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
Rhode Island Red, Yellow Comet, and some I'm not sure about.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, decorating, working in the yard...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have a dog that we rescued from the local shelter about nine years ago. We live on a farm in NC in the mountains and are attempting this whole raising animals thing!

Welcome! You have found a great place (free, who can believe it these days) with so much true knowledge from the pros and real hands on experience. I recommend when some chicken issue comes up (cause chickens do that), don't hit the panic button at 2am when everyone is asleep except your worried self, come to this website and do some research.

You know it starts with chickens and then a few ducks and then a turkey or two ( this is where I am heading to in the spring). A member on here referred to herself as a chichenholic. Enjoy being a member.

Back
Top Bottom