New from North Idaho

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NOnuggets, Feb 23, 2009.

1. NOnuggets

NOnuggets Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Just to show you that I respect the rules [​IMG] Here are the questions form the template, dutifully answered...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    We have kept chickens for five years...

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

This is a public forum...If I told you, then my husband would know...do you promise not to tell? 19 in the north coop, 6 in the barn, 10 in the brooder, more on order...only one left in the freezer, and that's "downsized" for the winter;)

(3) What breeds do you have?

The great Assortment of layers, but for breeding stock: Ameraucanas, Andalusians, and Brabanters. The Andalusians are sold, but will still be here another week...anyone want fertile eggs??? I want Speckled Sussex - from a local breeder - anybody close by?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Who doesn't know about BackYard Chickens?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I have no life outside of farming. Farming is life. Well, Bible Study in town...but I talk about the farm there too...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    A DH who lives by the "Don't ask, don't tell" farm creed - if it is self-supporting, and I'll take care of it, it can stay, Gotta love him!
    Four kiddos...including a nine-year who refuses to eat poultry that is not free-range, farm raised (he asked the Costco "tasty-lady" that offered him a sample in the store about the chicken's origin - and politely declined the industrially produced meat saying "I only eat free-range") a 14 year old daughter who writes essays for her English class on the horrors of commercial meat production(...I tell you, I'm a loose cannon...)Other pets: 23 Icelandic sheep getting ready to lamb, 4 dairy goats, 4 llamas, 6 horses, 9 Indian Runner ducks, 3 Roman Tufted geese, a pair of Bourbon Red turkeys, four dogs, 8 barn cats, and an attic full of bats.

I frequently leap on to my eat-fresh eat-local, humane-raised, farm fresh, sustainable, chicken-in-every-backyard soap box, and am difficult to silence once I am on a roll...but I participate in several forums, and have good etiquette. [​IMG] Looking forward to being in a haven of like-minded people who do not need convincing on the subject of chickens [​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG] from Utah

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Howdy, neighbor! [​IMG]

5. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

7. Patch of Heaven Farm

Patch of Heaven Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Ms

8. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] From NC

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

10. idahodebra

idahodebra Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2008
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
    Welcome! Where at in North Idaho? I'm always looking for poultry connections! [​IMG]

Debra

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by