New from North Texas👍🏼

ksmithtx4

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2021
Hello! Empty Nester from North Texas here! New to raising chickens. Me & my husband moved my youngest daughter into her college home Fall 2020 & lost our 18.5 yr old 4lb chihuahua last Oct too. Grieved for a year & had to pick myself back up & found chickens! So here I am!
I have three grown and flown!
I have one small 7 lb chihuahua left. Just lost my 2.5 yr old beta boy last week so only 5 tetras remain.
I grew up going to my grandparents farm where we had cattle and horses and barn cats but never chickens.
I ordered 2 Buff Orps & 4 Lavender Orps. We have brooder in a pack & play in the living room.
I love each of their little personalities! These babies are so sweet and loving! I love this breed for their fluff & their disposition.
I use to teach school but then stayed home to homeschool/university model educate my kids. Wished we had raised chickens then. We sadly didn’t have the room but now we do.
I found BYC from searching for First Aid supplies lost and searching treatments and remedies justttt in case on of my feather babes got I’ll.
I’m worried about one now. They are two weeks old!

You picked a great breed to start with -- lovely, fluffy and not particularly good at flying, hence not great escape artists! One of my first chickens was a Buff Orpington, and she remains queen of the flock.

Sorry to learn about your losses of your pets. The more you love them, the more it hurts when they leave.

Welcome to BYC, where a lot of kind, helpful people will be willing and able to guide you on your chicken-keeping journey. I hope you get some answers for whatever is worrying you about your chick.

1639046992363.png

Back
Top Bottom