1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from Northeast Ohio.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mr Mom, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Mr Mom

Mr Mom New Egg

Jul 29, 2010
    I am new to this fourm. I signed up a while ago and then got into to much other things and never posted anything.
    It started about two years ago i bought 25 RIR at chick day at the local feed mill and we raised them. Then a coon got all of them and that stopped us a little. Found a guy that sold buff Gold Comets. They were about 17 weeks old and they started to lay with in a couple days and i have not looked back.
    I got alot of people wanting eggs and so t got 11 more here about 3weeks and put them with the old girls and that threw everthing off but they will work it out. I have a waiting list for eggs.
    I want to get a rooster for them and start to hatch my own babys and keep a good supply going.
    The coop was first a wood shed then it went to a storage shed then back to a wood shed then a chicken coop. The coop is just the right size but i will build a bigger one for them here in the near coming year.
    I now have 30 gold comets.
    Now that i have board you all i will go back and read some more of the old fourms.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

2. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Welcome from Oregon!

3. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Nice to have more fellow Ohioans!!!

4. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Hi and [​IMG] another NE Ohioian here! [​IMG] Where are you located? We are in Newbury, near Chardon, in Geauga county. Both DH and I are originally from Ashtabula so we are really familiar with the area.

If you are looking for a rooster, I have some here you can pick from. You can PM me if you are interested. We have BCM, BBS Amer, Olive Eggers and a few mixed breeds.

5. Mr Mom

Mr Mom New Egg

Jul 29, 2010
    Thanks alot for the greetings.
    I am located in Dorset Ohio.
    6littlechicks... I dont want to get a rooster now but next year. That way the little ones will have a better chance.

Thanks Mr Mom

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from a fellow Buckeye.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Mr. Mom! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

8. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in Ocala, FL
    [​IMG]

9. dfriess

dfriess New Egg

May 7, 2012
    Dorset, Ohio
    We just moved out to Dorset six months ago and restarted our flock this last week.

10. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by