New from Northern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mrs.Featherhead, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Mrs.Featherhead

Mrs.Featherhead Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2010
    Redding
    Hi ! I just want to say how happy I am to know I am not alone in my chicken passion/obsession. Aside from one good friend and my chicken mentor here I really have no one who understands. They don't come out and say I am nutty.........but it's something in the way they look at me when I start talking chickens. I don't really care though because my chickens make me happy. They make me smile and laugh out loud and they make me eggs.

Currently I have hens: 1 Ameracauna
    1 BRL Wyandotte
    1 Brn Leghorn (her name is Spaz)
    3 Cornish Bantys (don't know why)
    3 SLW Bantys
    2 Buff Orp Bantys
    1 Red laced Banty
    and last but not at all least my bestest Roo "Roy Orpington" he is a Buff Orp Banty

AND because one can never have enough chickens, am I right? I am getting 20 Columbian Wyandottes and 5 Blue Wheaton Ameracaunas (they are in transit tonight and I am soooo excited!)

In March I am getting 12 Welsummers, 8 blk and blue Ameracaunas and 5 Delawares. Of course I do not plan to keep them all.

I am a dog Groomer and many of my clients are interested in buying eggs. They will buy the Banty eggs, but I know they really want bigger ones so that is my plan.

My other passions are my horses,dogs , cats, growing things and hiking (when I can't ride), I have 3 children ages 23, 21, and 16 hence the need to keep "having" babies. I have an amazing husband of 24 years who although does not share my passion for the chickens (and seems a bit nervous right now), enjoys the chicks and the eggs, tolerates Roy in the morning and stays out of the way when I start renovating and building coops.

Thank You for having me. You all are a wealth of information and fun.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas!

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    So you're new, huh? [​IMG]

Hello from AZ [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] from NM! I do archeology work in N. CA every now and then.

5. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] from UT! Glad you joined us! I hear ya', everyone thinks I'm crazy because I love my chickens. They have no idea what they are missing.

6. AmCanyonStables

AmCanyonStables Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    American Canyon
    What area of N. Cal? I am in SE Napa county

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

9. Mrs.Featherhead

Jan 1, 2010
    Redding
    I don't really know how these things work, but someone from Napa Ca asked what part of Northern Ca I live in. I live in Redding. About an hour from Mt.Shasta and about 2 hours from the Oregon Border. A really great place to live. [​IMG] I have been to Napa (wine tasting of course [​IMG]

10. Mrs.Featherhead

Jan 1, 2010
    Redding
    Eggs for Sale, I like both your icons and your quote [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by