New From OH

SuzanneMM

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2017
Hello! I'm Suzanne. I'm fairly new to chickens; we started about a year ago. We started with RI reds, and have 3 of those. We recently added 5 ducks (Christmas time) and 10 more hens (two weeks ago). I think the new hens are golden-red comets. They are very calm and gentle. We do not free range, but have a good size run for them. I've been reading threads from this group since we started looking into chickens, and I'm looking forward to being a participant now too.

Welcome to BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Congrats on your growing flock! There are some good posts about integration you might want to read up on when you're ready to add the new birds to your existing flock...the "look but don't touch" method worked well for me (as it has for many others).

It's nice to have you here!

G’Day from down under Suzanne
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom