New from Ontario, Canada :D

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by iAye, Oct 19, 2011.

1. iAye

iAye New Egg

Oct 19, 2011
    Hi everyone. [​IMG] I don't have any chickens, I WISH I did but being in a small city, and living in a small place, I can't so I got coturnix quail instead. I started with them a little over a year ago and have 3 right now solely as pets. Weenie, Hot Dog and PQ are their names. Every time I search something about quails BYC comes up so I thought I'd join. I don't have any other livestock or game birds, just a budgie, fish and a dog.

PQ is my oldest and she's a bit handicapped in 1 wing. She can't fly anymore which suits me perfectly fine since I can let her run around and not worry about her flying into things and she's definitely the happiest, friendliest little hen out of the bunch. We had a scare with her a few months ago where she had a terrible moult and got so weak she could barely hold herself up and was always falling over but she's doing great now. She had to be hand fed and had a water dish held up to her around the clock for almost 2 weeks and I'd hold her up to make sure her legs got at least a little work out and didn't end up completely lame. Maybe this will help someone down the road going through the same thing?

Weenie and Hot Dog came in together and they're so sweet and adorable even though they're a little more timid than PQ. But Weenie does this little happy feet dance every time anyone walks up to her cage now instead of scurrying off. Hot Dog is still a little more shy but when I take her out on her own and sit on the ground with her she warms up a lot. She hasn't been eating much and is losing weight and I'm trying to get her healthy again too which is why I ended up joining instead of just lurking.

Hopefully one day I'll get those chickens I want (and a peackock!) but until then I've got my 3 little quails. I'll try to get some pictures up soon, but I can never get them to sit still long enough to get any nice ones. [​IMG]

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Welcome! [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

4. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Best of luck with your quail!

[​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Welcome [​IMG]. Glad you are here [​IMG]

9. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    [​IMG] Where in Ontario?

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens