new from Oregon

eveling

Hatching
10 Years
Feb 17, 2009
Corvallis
Hello-- just a short intro. I've just found this site-- and am much relieved at all the info and forums! My hubby has had chickens before, but I know nothing; looking forward to learning. We are getting an outside area ready for the coop, and plan to be ready by early April. I'm going to be reading as much as I can! We live in Corvallis, Oregon (I posted an intro on that forum too); I drive to Eugene 4 days a week for my job and my husband is retired, so he will have the bulk of the fun~~ we also have an old dog, and 3 old cats.
I found this site just doing a google search for others who might be doing this as a small home venture--it looks like it's going to be a blast! From this site's info it appears we might want Bantams, good egg layers, and no roosters--although again from what I'm reading, that's not always so easy to tell!

I probably won't post a lot, but this will be a great resource--thanks for being here!
Eve

welcome-byc.gif
By the time you are done you will be addicted and not only want bantams I am sure!!
lau.gif
We were only going to have about 25 chickens, I am up to about 70 now I would say and more in the incubator! I am sure you will find out a lot of helpful info on here!!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom