new from roanoke,va

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by michelle59, Mar 5, 2012.

1. michelle59

michelle59 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    I am hoping to built/buy a small coop for two hens with enclosure this summer. Right now reading and researching options for coops/runs. I don't want to spend tons of money. I have a small yard already fence in. I am looking to have a good enclosure around the coop. Ideas would be wonderful:)

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Welcome! I'll give you the standard warning: You may be planning for two, but soon enough chicken math will set it and you'll decide you need more. :)

There are some great coops on threads here that you can view for ideas and tips if you decide to build your own. If you decide to purchase one there are tons you can buy online and sometimes you can find them from nearby areas on Craigslist and similar sites.

3. andiphant

andiphant Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    There are so many choices out there, we decided on and just built and ark style coop. It looks great, can't wait to get some hens in it... hopefully by tomorrow! Best wishes to you!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. Kay56

Kay56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Hi...I am in Fincastle, but all of my family lives in Roanoke. We are in the process of building a coop and run that I thought would be for 6-9 hens...well after following this very informative site I find it will only comfortably house 4.....Bummer. I have my coop being placed outside of our deck area, hidden from sight of the road. I do have 7 acres but most is wooded and that would not work well due to the many hawks, owls and racoons. I would be happy to share the plans if you are interested. It looks like a small tool shed. Are you in Roanoke City or Roanoke County? Is there a limit as to how many you may have?
    Kay

8. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Southwest Ohio

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So happy you joined. :thumbsup

10. MSDeb