New from Rocklin, Ca

sammyg21

Chirping
Jan 3, 2016
Rocklin, Ca
Hi all, I thou I'd have a hard time talking my husband into one chicken but we've got 5. They're about a year old. We've got 2 barred rock (who seem to be the most cunning of the crew, always getting into some sort of trouble), 1 Rhode Island Red, and 2 Buff Orpingtons (they seem the sweetest and are also laying the most. They free range all day and we coop them during the nights. Ive got a 5 and 3 year old and they are in looooooove. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated!

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you're appreciating and enjoying your flock. I'd suggest checking out the learning centre if you haven't done so already. There should be a few tricks and tips there. Feel free to ask questions if you have any!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Welcome to the world of chicken! Good luck and enjoy!
1f609.png

Advice? If you have managed to talk hubby into having chickens then I reckon you on top of your game ;). A warm welcome to byc- I hope you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Ct

CT is right. Getting the spouse to agree is usually the hardest part of chickening. Everything else should be a breeze. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

welcome-byc.gif

Spending time getting to know the individual birds you have in your flock is probably one of the best tips I can think of. Each one is a little different and if you know how they normally behave, you'll be able to catch any illnesses or injuries quickly if they come up. Chickens are very good at hiding their health issues and it can be too late to help them by the time they show weaknesses.

It's great to get the kids involved with the chickens! Animals can teach us all a lot and your kids will end up having some wonderful memories of your flock.

Thanks for joining us!

welcome-byc.gif
, I'm glad you joined us. There is also a thread for Northern California that is very active and the people are very nice and have lots of info. Also, not sure if you know about the poultry show in Modesto, Ca at the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom