New from South Georgia.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nursewithcurlyhair, Jun 14, 2019.

1. nursewithcurlyhair

nursewithcurlyhair In the Brooder

Jun 10, 2019
    Hi, my name is Amanda! I live in a small town in South Georgia. I have had all kinds of animals during my life but I did not become a duck mommy until this past April. I got 2 ducklings from my local tractor supply store on April 10th, 2019! I did not realize how involved I would become with my little quackers! I have never had an animal grow and change so freakin fast! I have 1 male Pekin and I did have a female mallard before she got kill about a month ago. ☹️ I’m currently looking for some girls for my lonely male(Jack)! I really want some Welsh Harlequin ducks! My ducks are pets only.

I am a nurse in a small ICU. I am an animal lover! I also have a black lab, a chocolate lab, a dog I rescued(pit and beagle), a guinea pig, a saltwater tank, and also a few cats! I’m here to learn as much as I can!

2. ClucksAndCombs

ClucksAndCombs Free Ranging

Apr 19, 2018
    New England
    Welcome to BYC!:frow

Feel free to ask questions, there are so many wonderful and knowledgeable people who will answer them :)

Good luck with your ducks!

3. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello, Amanda, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Sorry to hear you lost your mallard so young.

4. cheekychick3

cheekychick3 Songster

Apr 30, 2019
    WEST WALES UK.
    Hi Amanda, and :welcome you will love it on here. Sorry about your loss, also
    hope you will find some new buddies for Jack, bless him. Although i only have chickens
    now, when we had our farm, we had loads of ducks. They are so comical, and crafty
    when they want to be. lol Use to love them. You will learn loads on here, and everyone is
    friendly. Also love your other animals. enjoy your new journey. :frow

5. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUN-omenal community! :celebrate best wishes and have LOTS of FUN! :wee

6. Wee Farmer Sarah

Wee Farmer Sarah Free Ranging

Hi Amanda and welcome to BYC! So happy you decided to join our flock. Ducks are natural comedians and a lot of fun to watch. I'm sure with all the other critters, chickens must be in your future as well. :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

7. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
  8. Meg-in-MT

Meg-in-MT Crossing the Road

Jan 29, 2018
    SW Montana
    Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frow

Sorry to hear about your girl. Hopefully you can find some news pals for Jack soon!

Feel free to check out the links below for some interesting reading. Good luck on your adventures!

9. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello Amanda and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States
    Best wishes

Pork Pie

10. fldiver97

fldiver97 Enabler

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome :frow Nice to have you here! Sorry you lost your duck! Check your state forum, maybe someone can help you get some company for your lone drake !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: