New from suburban Seattle (Des Moines, WA)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by zemaneggs, Apr 29, 2009.

1. zemaneggs

zemaneggs New Egg

Apr 28, 2009
    Hi - just found this website yesterday while researching coops. We're back in the chicken business after a ~5-yr break. I have 3 baby buff orpingtons with me here in the den. Might get a RIR for variety, but 4's plenty for here. Last time around, we had 4 or 5 hens, who had the run of the yard, and a coop that worked fine, but didn't look so good. The hens hung around the back door, waiting for their next handout and pooping. Eventually I got tired of the poop on the stoop and gave the birds to my fiddle teacher to add to her flock. We miss the fun we had with our chickens. We've cross-fenced the qtr-acre lot and we hope to build a better coop and run this time. I have found some good examples here in one day. Thanks!

2. riverside_chicken

riverside_chicken New Egg

Apr 29, 2009
    Hi All, I'm new to the hen collecting game. Acquired several chickens, and among them are 2 blue marans. One of them has grown nearly twice the size of the other one. They are probably 3 weeks old now. Do you think there could be something wrong with the smaller one, or perhaps is there a different growth rate between genders? I don't know the exact sexes of either, it was a guess they were both pullets. Mark

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

5. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps