New from TN!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flyboy129, Jul 27, 2011.

1. flyboy129

flyboy129 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2011
    Hello all! I stumbled across this site a couple weeks ago. Love it! I am 30 and have grown up around/with flightless feathered friends (and some that could fly). My parents got a pair of white rocks(I think) when I was about 5 or so yrs old, and after 4-h, I got even more involved in chickens. I built a pretty decent coop for my parents a few years back that seemed fairly impervious to the really harmful predators, but still had probs with mice and snakes. Since I got married and moved to a different town a few months ago, I thought I would be done with chickens (at least for awhile). Well, about 2 or 3 days before I found this site, I was working outside and noticed a RIR rooster wandering thru the yard. I didn't think too much about it since he wandered straight across the road and into the thicket across from the house. Fast forward a couple of hours and I hear my wife's grandparents yelling at their husky. (we live a field away from them) The poor guy had wandered into Skip's line of sight and had become an impromptu play toy being tossed into the air and chewed on. _ bolted to the rescue, giving the dog a swift kick and swooping up the rooster. He wasn't too bad off. Just a couple of wounds I had to dress. I pt him in a covered pen we have in the backyard for a declawed cat. My wife liked him, and since I have picked up a plymouth rock hen for a mate. Currently in the process of building a garden shed behind the house. Looks like it'll have a built in coop as well. [​IMG]

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Hi and welcome to BYC.[​IMG] It's funny how things work out in life. It's great your spouse has the same interest in chickens as you. My husband could live without them. We were only going to have a flock of two and dh said I went overboard with 8. [​IMG] Anyways, raising chickens is pretty cool.

3. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    [​IMG]
    I'm from Tennessee, too. You'll learn a lot from BYC - and people are always ready to help out.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Welcome to BYC - glad you have entered the chicken lifestyle! [​IMG]

5. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Welcome to byc![​IMG]

6. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Hello fellow Tennesseean.... there are TN threads... i'm in the east tn one. [​IMG]

7. BrokenRoadFarm

BrokenRoadFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    North Central NC
    [​IMG] from NC. Chickens are a lot of fun! [​IMG]

8. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    [​IMG] from Central Missouri

9. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress