new from Utah

agreger

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 7, 2013
Utah
I am a mom of 4 kids (3 boys and a girl) and proud owner of 7 chickens. 3 Gold Sex Links, 2 Ameraucanas and 2 Black Sex Links. We just lost our favorite chicken and the event lead me to this site and forums to read up all the helpful information that I have been missing so far. Never in my wildest dreams did I think chickens would require so much care :) all in good fun. We love our ladies dearly. We have had them for almost 2 years now and I think we caught some mites/lice. Since local feed stores or chicken owning neighbors were not helpful to me I spent the last days on the internet researching what I missed until now. This website has been tremendous help and I finally feel like I am on the right path somehow. I still have many questions and new information leads to more questions. Probably the most frustrating part for me is conflicting info. My German brain doesn't work like that LOL I just hope in my efforts to take good care of my girls I don't kill them all. :( one is enough. 'Oh it is just a chicken...' doesn't work for me.

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
. Hope you can find everything you're looking for
frow.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! If you are looking for good, accurate information I'd suggest you have a look at the "sticky threads" in each section (you will see them on top, above the regular threads). Also have a look here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. We're here to help!

Back
Top Bottom