New from VA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KrazyKatLady, May 2, 2016.

1. KrazyKatLady

KrazyKatLady Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2016
    My daughter joined this group a few days ago, so I figured I should follow suit. We just got into chickens this year. It all started with 2 ducks and four chicks from TSC. Then a week later i made the mistake of following the cheeps as I went back for cat food. This resulting in my coming home with another 6 chicks. Fast forward a month and those darn cats needed more food, which meant another trip to TSC and thus, another 6 chicks. Well, at least i finally got my fluffy footed poufy headed oddball bantam (we have recently decided he/she is a sultan or some relation of)!

Because I appeatantly have serious hoarder tendancies, I am now no longer allowed into TSC. (Hmmmm, I heard the tack and feed store the next town over is doing a chicken swap......)

Anyway, I have alreaded learned a lot from this group by lurking in the background, so I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your chicks :celebrate Those cute little fluff balls sure can be hard to resist!! Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard. I think that you need to order your cat food in bulk and have it delivered to your door in future [​IMG] (personally, i'd buy the smallest quantity possible and keep going back though).

Hope you enjoy your chickens and being a member of BYC as much as the rest of us.

CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by