1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from Vancouver, WA ^^

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ixyavi, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ixyavi

Ixyavi Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2012
    Vancouver, WA
    Hi everyone~ I just joined here today (thank you captain obvious). I've always wanted to have a few chickens (and maybe some other animals too [​IMG]) but up until now I haven't had the space.

I'm 24 years old, engaged, no children, and unemployed. I'm one step down from a bored housewife. My fiance brings home all the bacon right now, and I thought maybe I could help bring home the eggs (and milk, and veggies). [​IMG]

We just bought a new house and are still waiting to close on it. For the last few months I have been re-searching ways to make living at home just a little bit less expensive. (Okay so that's the line I've been feeding to my Fiance... I really just want chickens.)

There's just something awesome about having a super cool pet that makes you breakfast (and lunch and dinner with the amount of eggs you'll have). And, we both agree, that farm fresh eggs taste a heck of a lot better, but that price tag leaves you with gut-rotten guilt. And maybe, just maybe, you can pawn some of those eggs off on your neighbors who are too intimidated (ie: have more of a life than I do) to start their own mini urban farm.

Plus I like to think of the future and our kids with an egg stand instead of a lemonade stand.

Hand in hand, working together, learning the joys of providing for yourself and eating your vegetables, fresh apple pies on the windowsill, the smell of newly cut grass... Pfffft... Our new house might have a white picket fence, but I sincerely doubt we'll have a "white picket life".

Anyways, I'm glad to be here. I hope I can learn even more tips and tricks and be truly informed before I start my adventure.

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from norther Michigan [​IMG]

3. Ixyavi

Ixyavi Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2012
    Vancouver, WA
    Thank you! ^_^ I grew up in SE Michigan myself.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Best of luck to you!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Hope we'll see you down in the self-sufficiency section!

7. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California, good intro! [​IMG]

10. aaabirdman

aaabirdman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    NY
    Welcome to BYC from NY[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by