new from west aussie land update

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nada77, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Nada77

Nada77 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2014
    Ok so its day 25 I still have one egg slightly rocking looks cracked but no hole, 3 eggs that did move haven't moved for 3 days and 1 ive never seen move.
    Thanks to all who have welcomed me and given me some great advice, you've really helped me.

2. pjquail

pjquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2014
    Given that chicken eggs hatch at around 21 days I would say that they didn't make it. You can still wait a couple more days if you want, but the chances are slim to none. Have you candled them at all since they've been incubated? They might have been infertile to begin with.

3. Nada77

Aug 5, 2014
    Yes I 've checked them there is something in them but I don't have much hope for them , I have 5 left and only one is rocking its been rocking for 2 days it s cracked and almost looks bruised from the inside out, no pip but definitely moving i'm wondering if I should help it.
    21 days is a guide line so I've been informed and some can go up to 25 days.
    I'm really only concerned with the one that's moving as I think the others haven't made it.

4. pjquail

Aug 7, 2014
    If it was me, I would hold on to the egg for as long as possible but the chick coming out (if any) will have a high chance of being weak and sickly. Wish you the best![​IMG]

5. Nada77

Aug 5, 2014
    Thanks, I'm just hoping for the one that's still rocking to come out, we'll see.

6. pjquail

Aug 7, 2014
    Okay! Keep me updated! :) Glad I could help

7. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I have had this issue before, if none of them have piped you can candle them and see what's going on...

I have had 20+ eggs in the bator, rocking and rolling and only one hatched, its an awful thing but its all a learning experience, I know you probably don't want to hear this but clean it out, go back over what you did, temp and humidity and such and adjust and try again.. I almost gave up after 3 very poor hatches... It will get better once you figure out what works best..

8. pjquail

Aug 7, 2014
    Quick question: How many days do you have to wait before candling eggs?

9. AmericanMom

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I can usually see something within 3-4 days but NEVER remove eggs until day 10

10. AmericanMom

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I should ad, I hand turn my eggs so putting the flashlight to them really quick isn't all that hard..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by