New from Wisconsin

2007chickenrancher

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
I have been reading the FAQ's for 2 years now since I had gotten my first hens. I was told (1) was an Americauna, but she never layed anything but brown eggs, so I really don't know what she was. Gertrude was killed in March 2008 by what we suspect was a skunk. Maisy & Daisy dies from other health issues later that year. The same year my wonderful husband was supposed to geet 25 egg layer of the full-size variety; but we ended up with (25) Banty chicks!!! I gave away quite a few roosters & slaughtered (6) roosters leaving me (8) hens after the loss of a couple to hawks & being hit by a car - I think.

In a couple of days we are getting some brand new babies. My husband doesn't remember exactly what he ordered (LOL) but I do know we are getting some Black & Red Sexlinks.

I am so excited, but leary about when they will get here after reading this past week about the mis-shipment of babies that still had not arrived Friday!

I want to say a big hello to all of you!

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

hello and welcome to BYC.....You lasted 2 years just reading...
th.gif
you must have some will power....
lau.gif

Where is WI are you from??? I also live in WI....

there is a thread with others from WI on it....WI Cheeseheads or something like that....I guess there are a few of us...lol

I live in Nothwestern Wisconsin just South of Eau Claire on 11-1/2 acres.

I have 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 Parakeets, 8 Banty hens & I just found out that my new baby chicks are shipping today from New Mexico! I am told they will be delivered to my P.O. either Wed. or Thurs.

My boss (at my real job) isn't thrilled I need to take the day off that they come to care for them, but understands that someone has to take care of their poopy butts or they can die!!

Earlier I didn't know what my dear husband forgot he ordered, but now I know I am getting 10 Black Sexlinks & 15 Red Sexlinks - all pullets.

I lasted 2 years just reading the forum because I don't turn my computer on at all at home & I have been reading & researching secretly at work!!!!!!!

I suppose now I'll get obsessed with all of the chicken talk & pictures & next thing you know, I'll fire up my 1998 computer & read - etc. at home!!

K

Back
Top Bottom