New fuzzybutts are here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I cannot say enough good things about Meyer Hatchery. The only thing to say now is WOW! The girls hatched yesterday and were in the leaving Cleveland just before midnight...the arrived in Portland at 5:54 am and I got the call in Southern Oregon at 4:30. All of the girls are alive, eating, drinking and happy little things. I ordered 21 and received 22 beautiful girlies. They were packed in a great box and on a nice wrapped hay bed with a warmer underneath and sent Express.

Getting ready to ride home:

[​IMG]

In their tub for the first time:

[​IMG]

As far as service goes, Meyer Hatchery is A+ in my book. [​IMG] Even my fragile little faverolles are bouncing around. [​IMG]

Now to begin naming...they will be named after Harry Potter characters and Disney characters...one Ameraucana is already named Cruella....DD says she has an evil look with the markings on her face. hahahahaha

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    awwww! cute fuzzy butts! Whats Meyer like? Do they have a minimum chick order? I would like to order from My Pet Chicken, but I would like a back up just incase...

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I believe MPC works with Meyer...not sure about that though, I know they work with one of the hatcheries to get the small order thing. Meyer does not have a minimum per se...you pay extra for shipping on less than 25. But they are really packed comfy. I had been warned not to order faverolles because they are fragile chicks...all of my girls are doing great. They were in my hands in less than 36 hours and I did not pay for next day...just express.

The ladies there are fabulous. They are patient and work with you to get your order set up for the breeds you want.

I do not see my red cochin I ordered, but the blue cochin is there and it looks like 2 extra faverolles. So, I am very pleased because I did not get anything I did not order and the extra and replacement is a breed I ordered.

check em out....

www.meyerhatchery.com

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  4. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Songster

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well it was a long wait but so worth it. They are beautiful, congrats and have a blast with all the fuzzybutts. I will be thinking of you . Trudy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: