New Girl In Town

pickledpenny

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 6, 2014
South California
Hi everyone!
I'm a relapsing chicken addict who decided to finally join here. I'm a military spouse stuck in a South California subdivision with an HOA ban on poultry for now. Our previous home was in the mountains where we had land and 40+ chickens of various breeds who roamed it. Our kids' pastor recently had his flock slaughtered by dogs,but was able to save the eggs his broody was sitting on! So we volunteered to take them and raise them until they were ready to go outside and to my husband's co-worker. Annnnd the fever struck! Three days later I made a Styrofoam incubator thanks to the Trader Joe's post and bought some eggs. There's a demand for egg layers so if it works I'll just raise chicks in the garage until they're fully feathered out and sell! Then there is no poultry roaming the backyard all the time and I get my fix ;) Naughty? Maybe, but I'll keep on going unless someone says something! The little things are my happy place and my children (almost 2, 5, 5, 7, 9) adore them as well! One more year until we move back to a place with land! Anyway, I'm rambling! I can't wait to chat and learn more!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Lots of people sneak their chickens into their HOA's as long as the neighbors are kept calm about the entire idea. Ha! Keep only hens, don't let the chickens eat the neighbors prized flower beds and share all eggs with the neighbors!! Hopefully this keeps them happy.

Good luck and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with the chicks!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Good luck with the chicks!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Lots of people sneak their chickens into their HOA's as long as the neighbors are kept calm about the entire idea. Ha! Keep only hens, don't let the chickens eat the neighbors prized flower beds and share all eggs with the neighbors!! Hopefully this keeps them happy.

Good luck and we do welcome you to our flock!

If only our neighbor wasn't part of the HOA board! Haha! I don't want to get on the landlord's bad side either ;) I just have to have a little patience (which isn't a strong trait of mine!).
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck.
Thank you! It is wonderful for them. I grew up a farm girl in potato country and want that life for my kids so badly. When we had our previous flock we got them as day old chicks and raised them to lay our breakfast. They loved it and want it back as badly as my husband and I do. And goats, and pigs, and cows.... Can't wait to get back to the life I love! I always tell my husband he should know how much I love him because there's no other way I'd be living in such an overpopulated area with no farm animals to keep company.

Back
Top Bottom