New girls joining my flock tomorrow...Sooooo excited!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by skyblu, Feb 13, 2013.

1. skyblu

skyblu Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Devon, UK
    I'm probably far too old to be getting so excited about some new chickens arriving - but who cares?! I am! [​IMG]

I have 14 ladies at the moment and tomorrow I collect either 4 or 6 new girls (told DH it would be 4 but it may accidentally turn out to be 6...) I have reserved for me: 2 maran cuivre (maran hybrids), 1 white leghorn, 1 skyline (otherwise known as cream legbar hybrid or columbine) but I have also tentatively reserved an amber link hybrid and a light sussex.

The first 4 are not only to boost egg production but also to enhance the multi colour egg boxes. The last 2 are 'just because'!

does anyone else here have any of these breeds? would love to hear any thoughts on them personality or production/egg wise :)

ok...back to googling them :) LOL! I may grow up one day.....

2. na, you are not to old to get eggcited about new arrivals! Never to old!!!! Sounds like a great addition to your current flock! I don't have any of those breeds, but really want a few.

How did it go? did you end up with the 4 or steal a few extra??? I did that last week. ordered 6 chicks and came home with 7. 'But honey, I dont know HOW it got in there!!!!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by