new glasses

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, Feb 23, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, i have glasses now! apparently i am a bit nearsighted in one eye..will the weird queasy feeling i have go away? its really weird. without them, i dont feel that different, but when i put them on everything is much more clear and i dont know..bigger? i just feel so strange now! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Yes that weird feeling like the sidewalk is gonna reach up and smack you WILL go away. [​IMG]

3. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    yes! thats exactly it! i also feel..i dont know, sort of pretentious or something. i mean, its a really weak prescription so i wonder if i really needed it or if the place just wanted to make some money. im new to the world of eyeglasses if you cant tell! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    it is nice not to have to enlarge everything to be able to see it without getting a headache.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sometimes it takes a couple of days for that feeling to go away. Only once I got a new prescription and I still felt dizzy after a week, so I went back to my old prescription. It is strange though, but you should get used to it! If you don't, give your doctor a call after a week or so.

5. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    thanks for the advice everyone! it lessens the dorky feeling im having right now [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I started wearing glasses when I was 10 years old. I am now 47 and had LASIK surgery 5 years ago. I AM SO HAPPY WITH IT!!!! Every time I got a new prescription the sidewalk was up under my nose.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I REALLY want contacts! I've had glasses since I was about five and I never really mided wearing them, but now I'm at the point (20 years old) where I realize I look a LOT better without glasses. I have to find out if my insurance will cover contacts though...I'm pretty sure we have to pay for them out of pocket and that will be a big expense for me!

8. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    Yea it will go away soon. When I got my glasses I had head aches like crazy but now I'm all better and I can enjoy my sight. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by