new goose, PIC ADDED! what do you think it is?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by chickensducks&agoose, May 23, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks a lot like a buff goose, but has blue eyes and pink feet and bill... brown head and wings, mostly white though, and likes to bite.... also, 2 equal lobes hanging down on her belly... any ideas? Also, why does her neck look like dragon frills? My chinese gander's neck looks smooth, like a duck... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. blissdragon

blissdragon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Eugene
  3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I just got her this afternoon, and she only bit me the first time I went in to say hello. I was petting her with my right hand, and she was kind of pushing at my left, and then she bit me, and I said "we don't bite', and held her beak in my hand, shut, while I opened the pen door with the other and escaped.
    then the next time I went in to say hey, I was EXTRA careful to not even let her get the chance to bite me.. and she didn't try really hard. I think I like her, but I do wonder how long it will take her to mellow out. she pushes her face against the fence constantly, and tries to climb it... AND, all her chest feathers are weird... broken off? her 'cleavage' is really really soft, like the outer feathers are just gone, but there are a few sprouting out of the middle... I couldn't get a picture, because the camera was sort of freaking her out... I'll try again tomorrow though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by