1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New guard dog puppys need names (pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Eastins Eggs, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Eastins Eggs

Eastins Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Ceresco Nebraska
    These are the two new future livestock guard dogs we just got. They are only 8 weeks old. Don't have names yet, both males. They are Great Pyrenees x Mastiff. We have 4 Great Pyrenees already. When trained they will go to another farm we are setting up for chickens. Any suggestions for names?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    The pup in the 3rd picture looks like a Bruce!

Very cute pups!

3. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    My fav. male "tough guy" name is Bruno!

4. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

radar
    rosco
    jerome

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I was trying to think of some very "strong maculine ' names fitting for a guard dog, But im sure you want something more original than "buster' or more personal than Rover. SO then "Shep" just popped in my head. AS in short for Shepheard. I thought it would be fitting for a flock gaurdian.

6. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    Fang!

7. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I had a Mastiff named Baron (Bear-in). It took me over a month after I got him to decide on a name. Also had a dog named Zeus, he was a rottie

There's always Duke if thats not too original for you or Tiny (just kiddin) I hope they don't drool like Mastiffs. Oh my goodness did mine drool...EVERYWHERE! It was so disgusting and it just wasn't like spit drool, it was like thick snot drool that could hang a couple feet from his mouth [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010
  8. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nothing comes to mind right off, but I was thinking it would be fitting to have the names of 2 famous brothers for them. If you are religious there are brothers in the bible. Heck, there are brothers in just about anything. They're adorable, but what pups aren't. Have fun with the names. I hope they prove to be great guard dogs for you!

9. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    Trouble and Headache, which is what they will hand out to any flock molesters...

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    They are adorable. Thor comes to mind and I like Zeus..how about Fang? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by