New guard dog puppys need names (pics)

Eastins Eggs

Songster
11 Years
Jan 11, 2009
Ceresco Nebraska
These are the two new future livestock guard dogs we just got. They are only 8 weeks old. Don't have names yet, both males. They are Great Pyrenees x Mastiff. We have 4 Great Pyrenees already. When trained they will go to another farm we are setting up for chickens. Any suggestions for names?

DCP_0513.jpg

DCP_0515.jpg

DCP_0516.jpg

DCP_0517.jpg

I was trying to think of some very "strong maculine ' names fitting for a guard dog, But im sure you want something more original than "buster' or more personal than Rover. SO then "Shep" just popped in my head. AS in short for Shepheard. I thought it would be fitting for a flock gaurdian.

I had a Mastiff named Baron (Bear-in). It took me over a month after I got him to decide on a name. Also had a dog named Zeus, he was a rottie

There's always Duke if thats not too original for you or Tiny (just kiddin) I hope they don't drool like Mastiffs. Oh my goodness did mine drool...EVERYWHERE! It was so disgusting and it just wasn't like spit drool, it was like thick snot drool that could hang a couple feet from his mouth
sickbyc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing comes to mind right off, but I was thinking it would be fitting to have the names of 2 famous brothers for them. If you are religious there are brothers in the bible. Heck, there are brothers in just about anything. They're adorable, but what pups aren't. Have fun with the names. I hope they prove to be great guard dogs for you!

Back
Top Bottom