New guinea keeper saying hello!

DJValkyrie

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2017
Members of my extended family have had chickens and guineas before, but this is our first time! My name is Tracey, I'm 34, disabled, and I live with my mother and our two cats in rural north central Texas. We're also keeping my brother's dog until he can move her into his apartment. Mom decided to pick up six guinea keets, and they will be four weeks old on Sunday. This website was recommended by a friend, and it looks very informative! I look forward to learning more, and to letting our baby birds grow and peck in the garden!

Hi Tracey!
Welcome to BYC!
This video should help you find your way around the site better as a member:

Members of my extended family have had chickens and guineas before, but this is our first time! My name is Tracey, I'm 34, disabled, and I live with my mother and our two cats in rural north central Texas. We're also keeping my brother's dog until he can move her into his apartment. Mom decided to pick up six guinea keets, and they will be four weeks old on Sunday. This website was recommended by a friend, and it looks very informative! I look forward to learning more, and to letting our baby birds grow and peck in the garden!
Welcome!! You will find this site very rewarding with it's wealth of information. I am still learning things. And always coming back to do research for my chickens and guineas.

Welcome to the Byc flock Tracey. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. You may also want to post on the "Guinea thread," if you need more information about them. All I know is they are known as great tick eaters.

Back
Top Bottom