New guineas are here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pictures added)

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by wranglerFB, Aug 8, 2008.

1. wranglerFB

wranglerFB Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    Arkansas
    I received my new lil guineas yesterday from the Guinea Farm ........friend an me went in together on a order an they made it here yesterday must say was kinda worried about them shipping in this heat but luckily out of the 30 only lost 2 one each for us..........they ordered Slate, Pewter, an Violet ........I ordered Violet an Buff........I will try to get a picture up soon for everyone needless to say they are some different from the normal color pearl keets ...........the Buffs are supposed to be able to sex them even as keets by the females being darker than the males an if this holds true then out of the 8 I got I for sure have 5 female an 2 male the other one is hard to tell for sure which way it goes but I am thinking it is a male..........next year I am hoping to be able to have both eggs an keets up for sale out of these colors ..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the cinnamon colored ones with the white wings an undersides are the Violets ........and the light colored ones with the dark backs are the Buffs....... an I also have a few Pearls an Lavenders in there with them

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Great all is well then...that's pretty good for shipping in the summer....We'll wait on the pics:)

3. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    No Lavender? I think Slate are sort of similar, aren't they?

I love Lavender guineas. I have one named Purple Baby. She's a sweet little boo boo honey.

I'm sure yours will all be gorgeous. Definitely post pics!

4. wranglerFB

wranglerFB Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    Arkansas
    I have 2 lavender females an a pied lavender male in one of my breeding pens an I have 2 pied lavender females I am raising up for next year to put in with them.......there is also 1 solid white female in that breeding pen too

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    There to cute [​IMG]

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    congratulations. The little ones are adorable

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by