new guy from Georgia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mysticmead, Oct 19, 2012.

1. mysticmead

mysticmead New Egg

Oct 8, 2012
    Kingston, GA
    I wanted to take a little time to introduce myself.

HI!!!
    My name is Ric and I'm a husband to my wonderful wife and father of 3 (2 boys and a girl) who works from home (yay computers). I have been growing hot peppers for the last 10 years (Mmm Habanero Jelly) as well as other fruits and vegetables. I've been a hunter for a good part of the last 20 years as I feel that food not provided by commercial means is healthier and just tastes better. Which is what has led me here. Although I don't have any chickens yet, that will be changing by spring. Until then I want to read and learn as much as possible to make sure the chickens I raise for eggs and meat will be healthy and well cared for until it comes time to care for us. Fermented feed has caught my attention because I also brew my own beer, mead and hard cider. So naturally fermentation is something that is right up my alley. I will be gathering material over the winter to build a couple of coops (one for meaties one for layers).

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions both before I order chicks but after. Once I start building a coop I'll make sure that pictures are taken and I'll post about it. the same goes for when I get chicks.

if anyone has any questions, just let me know. I'm not shy and will answer just about anything you ask me..

Ric

2. sezjasper

sezjasper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Hello and [​IMG] Good luck with your chicken adventure and I'm sure your children will enjoy making the journey with you!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Ric, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Love your avatar!! Good luck with your chicks!

5. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    Hi and :welcome So glad you joined us!!! :weee

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]from NC. Interesting stuff... I vaguely remember reading something about mixing mash with animal feed one time. Enjoy BYC! There is lots of useful info to be found on here thanks to very knowledgeable people.

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi and :welcome

That all sounds great! Best of luck with your chickens.

I hope you find any info you need here, and enjoy the site! :D

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California! Wow home brewed hard cider, yum!

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by