New guy from West Virginia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wv chicken guy, Aug 24, 2013.

1. wv chicken guy

wv chicken guy New Egg

Aug 24, 2013
    Hello to all just thought I say hello I found this sight looking for info on my chickens they are a little ill lost one last night and found another one ill today symptoms are diarrhea maybe a little blood around the but and I'm not sure but either worms or maggots around the anus I went to tractor supply and the guy. Their gave us duramycin -10. Tetracycline hydrochloride soluble powder that he saig to make the sole water supply for next three days and then start them on wazine 17'its a wormer does this sound right also he told us not to use eggs for two weeks after we stop wormer

2. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    I am a new chicken owner so not sure but wanted to say hello and welcome. You have come to the right place tho I am sure someone will know. Good luck with your birds.[​IMG]

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] you should post details on "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, thread - more experienced people monitor that site. If those ARE maggots around the vent that is a whole different problem than worming.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, wv chicken guy, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Drumstick gave you great advice. Good luck to you!

6. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] from Texas but I am originally from West Virginia, beautiful country.

7. wv chicken guy

wv chicken guy New Egg

Aug 24, 2013
    I'm origanally from wv lived in El Paso during my military career then back to wv

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by