New Guy Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AU-ChickenGuy, Nov 21, 2016.

1. AU-ChickenGuy

AU-ChickenGuy Just Hatched

Nov 21, 2016
    Andalusia, AL
    Hello! I'm new to the chicken world and can't wait to learn a lot. I recently got my buddy to incubate and hatch some eggs I got from my sister-in-law. I've got 37 chicks in a 3'x6' brooder I built. Last night was their first night out of the incubator, and I didn't kill any. That's a plus to me! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you seasoned folks in the near future, so......THANKS!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your new chicks :clap redsoxs left you some great links to check out, I'm sure you will find them most helpful. Be sure to ask all the questions you need to. Everyone here to help you along the way.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us, I do hope you will make yourself at home here. Enjoy BYC!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under AU-ChickenGuy [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations and best wishes for your new little family.

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! I am also glad you have found BYC helpful! I hope you enjoy your time on here, best wishes!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When your chicks are several weeks old, you may want to post some photos at "what breed or gender is this," . Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

10. AU-ChickenGuy

AU-ChickenGuy Just Hatched

Nov 21, 2016
    Andalusia, AL
    I will! I know my sister in law has some RIRs and Barred Rocks. Mine will all be muts, but I can't wait to see what they grow to be!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by