New Guy On Da Block

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chicken Ghetto, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Chicken Ghetto

Chicken Ghetto Just Hatched

Feb 20, 2017
    Gumptown, AL
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes I am extremely new. I have been dealing with chickens for only about ten months.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I currently have 18 total chickens. 16 small pullets 1 small roo and 1 mature roo.

(3) What breeds do you have? I have a New hampshire red Roo, black sex-linked baby roo, 3 silver laced wyandottes, 3 easter eggers, 2 barred plymouth rock, 3 buff orpingtons, 2 red star, and 3 black austrolorps. All my hens are 8 weeks old.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?The internet

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Sports and a little gardening

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Nice variety there in chickens..your egg basket will be beautiful!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Chicken Ghetto

Feb 20, 2017
    Gumptown, AL
    I am really looking forward to it. I am kinda experimenting on which chickens are the best

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Chicken Ghetto, and [​IMG]! Pleased to have you aboard! Are a chicken newbie you might consider visiting the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It has tons of great articles covering all aspects of chicken keeping! Enjoy your flock and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Chicken Ghetto [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. Chicken Ghetto

Feb 20, 2017
    Gumptown, AL
    Thanks for the welcome. So far I am very excited about being a BYC member.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Trust me, the longer you are a member the better it gets. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

8. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Sounds like a nice flock.

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You'll be getting a nice assortment of eggs with those girls. Don't forget to check out the AL state thread...you can find it using the link in my signature.

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Howdy, and welcome to the flock! Glad you decided to join us, please make yourself at home here and enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by