New guy on the block

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gtbread, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Gtbread

Gtbread New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Hello all ,just joined ,been lurking some . mostly My wife and I at home ,Kids pop in and out here less than half the time .we have 2 cars no other animals yet Got a new place to me with sheds and 3.6 acres ,want to start with chickens ,raised them before several years ago .so have some experience. Glad you let be aboard .looks like a great group .thank you David Weber Cambria Wis.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome David

Glade you could join the flock! Great news that you are getting back into keeping chickens :D
    3.6 acres sounds fantastic and a lot of room for a lot of chickens! Many of us were lurkers before joining, I was one too!

Wishing you the very best of luck getting started with your new venture. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi David and a warm welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Enjoy your chicken keeping renaissance.

CT

5. Gtbread

Gtbread New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Two cats and more than 2 cars lol

6. Gtbread

Gtbread New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Hello I found BYC looking for Eggs to hatch .i was looking for some Aracauna ,the old black and white spotted with the beautiful green tail feathers ,since they were my best ones last time very strong hens and aggressive roosters kept the pests away and blue green eggs ,didn't have much luck .so I decided to get an assortment of eggs and to hatch from a nice person here and she is not charging an arm and a leg . We have hatcheries close but the hatching eggs is so cool. I am leaning towards getting some meat chicks from the hatchery when we're ready for them . .i already like this site, lots of info and ideas. We're leaning toward a more clean eating since my wife has fibermialgia We have been reading how petstacides and chemicals can be a contributor. .used to own a bakery but with all the BIG guys out there it could not survive ,95 years in the family . . Thanks for the links David

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    David, that's a shame about the family bakery. Unfortunately, it's an all-too familiar story any more. If you don't mind hanging out with us amateur bakers, you're more than welcome to join us on the baking thread. The link is in my signature line (blue type at bottom of my posts).

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi David, very nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello David!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :frow

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by