new guy on the block

baadboy

Hatching
May 3, 2015
im a saltwater fish guy who love to build things that are animal related 7 years ago i be came allergic to eating chicken my wife loves chick and get mad sometime due to i cant eat it so a few days ago i was at the feed shop pick up some dog food and they had baby chicks as a joke i got 1 and told here now u cant say you cant have chicken i put it in a extra fish tank i had with a heat lamp and hopped on my computer and started to do research and found out the do better with more than 1 so i ran back to pick up a few more and they where out left my number told them to call me as soon as they got there new order came home and started more research and most thing i looked at sent me here

now after figuring out law in my area im looking at building a coop for up to 6 i live in town (tulare CA) and i rent so im looking 4 idea to make 1 i can break down if we ever move

Welcome to BYC!

Your intro was funny, I don't think I've heard of anyone getting into chickens the way you did. How's the little chick doing, are you enjoying her? It's good you're getting some company for her, that much more fun for everyone.

If you need some ideas for a coop, there are a couple places here on BYC that may be of use to you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Whatever style of coop you decide on, it's helpful to have one that's easy to clean and big enough to accommodate your birds (they really don't like to be crowded).

Good luck with your new flock and if you have questions, feel free to ask!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What an interesting way to start your chicken adventure. Hope you are able to get some more friends for her. They really love friends to play and grow up with. Good luck with your coop build, I totally agree with NorthFLChick on building one with plenty of room and bigger than you need. Chickens can become addictive and I'm sure you will want to add more.

Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

Moving a coop could be done if built on a trailer or trailer frame, or build in sections that could be taken apart for transporting to a new location.

Sounds like you have already explored the learning center and forums for info, but I would suggest you investigate integrating or adding to your flock. When the feed store gets the next chicks you will need to separate them by ages in your brooder in a way they can see but not peck each other until you are sure they can get along.

Good luck with your new adventure.

Hope your wife is talking to you
big_smile.png

thank you all 4 welcome well feed shop called today and they had a person that had 2 day old chick they wanted to get rid of as i was getting in the truck they called back and asked 4 my addy the person would bring them to me free of charge they just wanted them to go to a good home a lady showed up with them looked at my blue and gold macaw and and my reef tank in the living room and said if u take care of them half the way you take care of those than i know there in good hands i offer to pay her and she just walked away lol

Back
Top Bottom