1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Hampshire Coop and Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DraigAthar, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Hi!

I hope I made this page right, my first time trying one here! I spent HOURS looking at all of the coops in the coop design pages on BYC back in spring when we were designing our own coop. They were so helpful, so I finally got around to making a page with photos of the coop we built. Let me know what you think! The girls like it so far, and in the end I guess that's all that matters. [​IMG]

Here's the page:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=74995-new-hampshire-coop-and-run

Amy

2. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    i love it awesome job. I might have to put some flower boxes around mine to pretty it up Then maybe the girlfriend will get near the chickens. She loves the eggs and i bought some day old dominique chicks. She'll be hooked on chickens before she knows it.

3. BirdWalkFarm

BirdWalkFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Your coop , run and garden are amazing . I wish I could grow flowers like you have . Oklahoma is so hot , windy and did I say dry ?? I envy you .

4. real_redhead

real_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Very nice!

5. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Very nice! [​IMG]

6. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    Quote:Thanks! Gardening in NH is a challenge of a different sort, I guess. Everything you grow has to do it FAST because the season is so short!

Amy

7. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Very nice, love the Cheep rooms!

8. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Quote:X2

9. franklinstreetwest

franklinstreetwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    "EGGS It"...bravo!!! You got the total package of primo coop and cleverness! Great job.

10. GramaCindy

GramaCindy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    Far NW Wisconsin
    Quote:OMG! Amy your coop and all of the ideas you had a wonderful. I loved the sunflowers idea! Just yesterday, I was at the town dump and passed up on a nice window that would have been great to use like you did on your south side. I am new to the sight, just getting the "itch" to raise chickens. Last year I started Maple syruping! What a neat thing to do. Soooo, my DH just finished building a nice sugar shack. Needless to say, he's not that "INTO" my raising chickens. I may have to do quite a bit of fancy talking to get him into it. Your photos give me sooo many ideas and visuals. THANKS FOR SHARING! [​IMG] Cindy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by