New Hampshire or Isa brown?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chicken mouth, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Chicken mouth

Chicken mouth In the Brooder

Jul 4, 2008
    SA, Australia
    Helllo there,
    My grandpa bought these chickens a few weeks ago and we are a bit unsure what breed they are. At first we thought New Hampshire, but now we are thinking isa brown. It slipped our minds to ask the breeder what breed they were when we got them. They are tame and are quite happy to get picked up. They have a love for meal worms, cheese and yoghurt.

What breed do you think they are?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    They are red sex links, You can tell by the white feathers in the neck and on the tail!

3. pixie74943

pixie74943 Songster

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    definately look like my ISA... you might have even got them at the same place as me :p

4. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Chances are since you're down under, that they are ISA Brown. They are NOT NH because NH doesn't carry any white in them. I'm not that familiar with ISA but the other poster may be onto something, you may have gotten your birds both from the same source.

5. Chicken mouth

Chicken mouth In the Brooder

Jul 4, 2008
    SA, Australia
    Thanks for the help!
    I was thinking they might of been ISA...pixie did you get them from Murray Bridge? Don Parker was the breeders name.

6. pixie74943

pixie74943 Songster

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    No [​IMG] I got them from Murrey Hillier Poultry, I love that place, the guy who runs it has got to be 70+ but he loves his birds. He sells ISA's Australorp, and Leghorns

They're probably ISA though, because when I was hunting for somewhere to buy my chickens, EVERYONE I called sold ISA's. There were about three people who didnt, Murray Hillier was the only one within driving distance.

Although, Wednesday I'm off to McLaren Flat (from Modbury) to pick up some banties :)

7. Tiss

Tiss Songster

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    Look like my red sex-linked.

8. zebra1987

zebra1987 Hatching

Jan 3, 2014
    There are defent Isa Browns because we got Isa Browns and there defent Isa Browns

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by