New Hampshire or Not?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RedDrgn, Apr 11, 2012.

1. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    We got this fellow about a month ago and were told that he was a new hampshire, but as I'm not terribly familiar with the breed and have never had one, I don't really know. He's currently one week away from being 6 months old, and other than an aversion to footwear (which he's slowly getting over), he's friendly and does a fine job with the girls (so he's staying regardless of what he is [​IMG]). I'm just curious. What do you all think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    He is lovely! Go to feathersite.com, and look up the New Hampshire Reds there to compare. I do know they're a "red" chicken, but I don't know the exact description. I really like that website. It's pretty helpful.

3. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Thanks for the reference! That was pretty handy! Yeah, he's a handsome bugger for sure, and he does look like he is what they said he was, though he has some filling out to do (but he's young). Cool [​IMG]

By the way, you're in Strasburg, OH? My husband's from Dover, OH and has some family living in Strasburg as well. They don't have chickens yet, but we're working on that. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yep yep, that's what he looks like [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by