New Hampshire Poultry fanciers Association

Well, please join...or like. I have to admit that I'm not clear on the difference. The intention is for the page to be a space for announcements among the NH poultry community.

There is a swap at the same time, but only those showing poultry may vend. The stock quality tends to be high. It's nice to see, and it's a great way to pick the brains of experienced breeders.

Does anyone know if guinea keets alert to hawks as well as other predators?? I lost 3 birds in one day and I do believe it was a hwak. I had to call my crows back and they showed up the other day so hopefully they will keep the hawks away as they did all year long till I stopped paying attention to them. I just dont want them to become dependant on me. I raised them from babies a year ago and they went off on their own last fall and then I lost 2 birds so I called to them and they showed up, then at the beginning of summer I let them fend and go raise thier own babies and they were coming with the babies, then I had not seen them for a while and lost these 3 birds. They are back now and I dont want to loose more chickens, but also dont want to keep feeding the crows to keep them dependant on me.

Hmmm...well the trick is that for the next month or so we are in hawk migration time; so, there will be a lot more hawks passing through your area than usual. This is the toughest hawk-time of the year.

Good luck to us all!

Back
Top Bottom