New Hampshire Question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by flnatv, Apr 28, 2011.

1. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    We have a pullet chick about 3 days old and she has blue eyes???? Is this normal? Is this okay?

2. cardigan99

cardigan99 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2008
    Central New Hampshire
    Funny you mention that. I noticed recently that one of my NH pullets has blue/gray eyes. For what it's worth, she's the Roos favorite.

3. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I am glad mine isn't the only one... I tried to google it and didn't come up with anything. Very quietly so everyone else doesn't hear... she is my favorite [​IMG] She is EXTREMELY LOUD!!!! I don't know it it is the NH temperment, but she is sweet as can be....

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

A 3 day old chick does not have the eye color it will have as an adult. Is that what you are wondering?

In the SOP it says a New Hampshire eye color is reddish bay.

5. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Guess I was wondering... the others are black sex-links and a partridge rock... they all have dark eyes.

6. edgarmongold

edgarmongold Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Quote:The New Hampshire Breeders Club of America is reorganizing and our new Secretary/Treasurer is:

New Hampshire Breeders Club of America
    Brett Kreifels
    P.O. Box 113 425 Chestnut St.
    Springfield, NE 68059
    (402) 679-1174
    [email protected]

We will also be having chats on the first Thursday of the month at 8pm EST at NHBCA Yahoo Group Chat.

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

A couple of my "RIR" came out blue eyed. They may be "NHR" who knows! A few of ours have the nice deep uniform color, then others from the same flock of hens and Rooster are redish eyed and a lighter feather tipped and almost a barred look. Of course they are a month old. (glad I want them for layers cause they are not looking very RIR or NHR!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by