new hampshire red?

ksct

Songster
10 Years
Apr 23, 2009
upstate, NY
is there a such breed as a new hampshire red? i was just talking with someone about his birds (he's from TX) and he tells me that's what he's got. If you have any, can you tell me about them and post some pics? he said they're great layers and just about every other egg is double yolk (whoa!)
Thanks!!

I believe New Hampshires were developed exclusively from Rhode Island Reds and were selected for size and early maturity.

Last edited:
Thought I'd join in here. We have a New Hampshire rooster that we just got last fall to go along with our dozen Rhode Island Red hens. I will have to post pics when I get a chance. I haven't been able to find much on this breed either. At the time we got him I didn't realize it was going to be so hard to find more so I think we will be contacting her again. I think we'd like to get a few New Hamshipe hens from her as well. He is a wonderful roo and keeps a watch on his girls. He is good with the kids although our 2 year old gets a bit scared of him because he is so tall when he stretches out
smile.png
but he hasn't gone after him...more like the other way around with the 2 year old when he tries to pick him up lol.

Back
Top Bottom